The Wines

Producers Colour Regions Grape World

Information

Vasse Felix Chardonnay

Vasse Felix Chardonnay

Vasse Felix Chardonnay – Great example of Chardonnay from Margaret River

The signature Chardonnay of Vasse Felix, made from a selection of Vasse Felix’s premier plots of powerful Chardonnay. Made in the modern Margaret River style of elegance, power and restraint, with
the wild complexity which distinguishes Vasse Felix Chardonnay.
TASTING NOTES
APPEARANCE Bright pale straw with a gold tinge.
NOSE A fragrant fruit perfume of white peach, yuzu and pear flan, gives way to creamy yeast lees and fragrant oak complexities which deliver almond meal, ginger nut biscuits and nougat nuances. Background notes of flint and ocean breeze reveal themselves with time.
PALATE An incredible body characteristic of our Premier plots of fruit, complemented by a fresh line of acidity. This freshness is followed by an immediate broadening of the palate, harmonious and chalky, the wine is mouth coating but not heavy. Complex and complete, the fragrance lingers on the finish.
WINEMAKER COMMENTS
Another cool season yet beautiful ripeness was achieved with elegant fruit perfumes and perfect sugar levels. With high natural acidity, many of the parcels (approx. 70-75%) were allowed to complete natural malolactic fermentation. 65% of the parcels were handharvested, gently whole-bunch pressed and transferred to French Oak Barriques as unclarified juice for wild fermentation. The remaining 35% was Selectively harvested (to embrace some skin maceration), direct pressed and racked to barrel as high solids juice for wild fermentation. Each parcel was left on lees in barrel for 9 months of maturation with battonage. These premier Chardonnay selections were a mix of 86% Gingin clone and 14% Bernard clones 95,96 and 76. The majority of the fruit was grown at our Boodjidup and Home vineyards, with a small portion from our Karridale vineyard.

To see our full selection of Vasse Felix wines please take a look at https://www.auswinesonline.co.uk/product-category/vasse-felix/

For more information about the winery go to https://www.vassefelix.com.au/

Vasse Felix Chardonnay

 

Producer: Colour: WhiteGrape: ChardonnayRegion: Western Australia, Margaret RiverAlcohol: 13%Vintage: 2019Grape Details: ChardonnaySKU: FELIX01

£29.00 a bottle

23 in stock

Open
Close

Vasse Felix

Vasse Felix was the first commercial vineyard and winery to be established in the Margaret River region of Western Australia. The wines from this producer have a great reputation for consistent and award winning quality.

Western Australia

Regarded as one of Australia’s best wine producing regions. It is synonymous with a new era in Australian wine. Margaret River really began its vineyard life as a result of two research reports from Californian viticulturalist Professor Harold Olmo and the Western Australian scientist Dr John Gladstone. In 1965 Dr Gladstone’s report indicated that the region had all the attributes to produce world quality wines. This advise was acted on by Dr Tom Cullity who set up his Vasse Felix vineyard near Willyabrup, followed by Dr Kevin Cullen and his wife Di who set up Cullen Wines. The climate is regarded as ‘cool’ because of its long slow ripening season. This region is regarded along with Coonawarra and the Yarra Valley as one of the premium Cabernet Sauvignon areas in Australia. The main wine styles: Red – Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet-Merlot, Shiraz; White – Chardonnay, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc, Verdelho.

Chardonnay

Australia’s most widely planted white grape variety. The heavily oaked styles of the earlier nineties are now being replaced with styles emphasising the regional fruit and greater complexity. The cooler climate regions producing styles of great elegance and finesse.

Australian Wines Online c/o Wine Buffs Ltd, 19 Hurleston Way, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6XN
Newsletter

Newsletter Registration

Enter your email to recieve latest newsletters and updates

This website uses Cookies to improve your browsing experience. View Cookies Policy

I'm fine with this